Ideas for January Week 4 LDS Primary Sharing Time, Jesus Christ created the earth as a place where I can learn to choose the right.
2017 Sharing Time Outline Theme: Choose the Right
January 2017 Sharing Time Topic: Agency Is the Gift to Choose for Ourselves
January 2017 Scripture: “Wherefore, men are free … to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men” (2 Nephi 2:27).
January 2017 Song: “As a Child of God”
January Week 4 Topic: Jesus Christ created the earth as a place where I can learn to choose the right.
Prayerfully study and think about what the specific needs of your primary are and how you can teach them this doctrine.
Sharing Time Instruction:
Show the primary children a globe or a picture of the earth. Ask the primary children what the picture is of? (The Earth) Ask them who created the earth? (The Savior Created the earth) Why did Jesus Create the earth?
Show the primary children the week's theme poster and invite them to repeat, "Jesus Christ created the earth as a place where I can learn to choose the right"
Explain to the primary children that the Earth is a place for us to learn and grow. Sometimes we will make mistakes along the way, but we can learn from those mistakes, repent and make the right choices the next time.
Let's play a little game about how living on this beautiful earth that the Savior created for us, can help us to learn to choose the right.
In the front of the room place 10 water bottles in a bowling pin pattern in the front of the room. Find or make a ring (you can make a ring out of glow sticks, out of a stiff rope or even our of cardboard.) Wrap the question tags around the water bottles.
Invite a primary child to come up and try to toss the ring onto one of the water bottles. Give them a couple tries to get the ring on. Which ever water bottle the ring gets on read that correlating question to the rest of the primary. Invite the primary to answer. Then continue on with the game. Removing the water bottle each time the ring gets around it, until all of the water bottles are gone.
Close by sharing your testimony about learning to choose the right.
Choose the Right Questions:
1. Give an example of something you can do to help take care of this earth the Savior created for us.
2. Each day we have to make choices, name one good choice you have made today.
3. Name a choice of something you can do each day to help you grow closer to Heavenly Father.
4. What if you make a mistake? What is something you can do? How do you repent?
5. Why is it important to learn to choose the right?
6. How can your parents help you learn how to choose the right?
7. How can you friends help you learn how to choose the right?
8. How and your teachers help you learn how to choose the right?
9. When you choose the right how does it make you feel? What feeling does it bring to you home?
10. What are some thins you can do to treat Heavenly Father's children and all of his creations with respect?
What else have the primary children learned this month? Here are links to this month's past sharing times: