Ideas, Printables and Activities for December Week 3 LDS Primary Sharing Time, "Jesus Christ will someday return to the earth."
2016 Sharing Time Outline Theme: "I Know the Scriptures Are True"
December 2016 Sharing Time Topic: The Scriptures Teach Me about the Savior’s Birth and Second Coming
December 2016 Scripture: “For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works” (Matthew 16:27).
December 2016 Song: Your Choice
December Week 3 Topic: Jesus Christ will someday return to the earth.
Prayerfully study and think about what the specific needs of your primary are and how you can teach them this doctrine.
Sharing Time Instruction:
To begin this Sharing Time by showing the primary children the week's theme poster, invite them to repeat the phrase, "Jesus Christ will someday return to the earth."
|Pictures available for download on lds.org (Also you can find them in the Gospel Art Kit)|
Explain to the primary children that this month we have learned about the birth of the Savior. Show the primary children the picture of Christ teaching, the Atonement, the Crucifixion and the resurrection. Invite the primary children to help you discuss each picture. The Savior went throughout his life teaching and serving. He was constantly doing his Father's work. The time came where Jesus's life on this earth was soon to end. He suffered great pains for each of us. Taking upon him each of our sins, pains, and inadequacies, so we could be comforted and forgiven. Then he gave up his life for us upon the cross. But, because he was literally the son of God he was able to overcome death and be resurrected, making it possible for us to return to our Heavenly Father and also be resurrected.
Read the following Scripture:
Explain to the primary children that Jesus would return to the earth someday. How does this scripture say that Jesus will come? In the Glory of his Father. Ask the primary children if they have ever had a family leave and go away for a while, like a missionary or a grandparent. Ask them if they were so excited when they knew they would be seeing them again? Explain that the coming of the Savior is an exciting thing! We do not know when the Savior will come, but Heavenly Father has given us signs to help us prepare for the Savior's coming.
Place some painters or masking tape on the floor making a tic-tac toe game. Place one of the printables onto each of the squares, upside down. Divide the primary into two groups. Fill Snack bags with rice or beans, double bag them, so the don't break open. In the outer bag place the "X" printable and the "O" printable (4) of each). Invite someone from the "X" team to come up and place the bag onto one of the squares. Pick the paper up that is on the square (you may want to tape the papers down so they don't move when the bags are thrown onto them.) Read the scripture and discuss the sign with the primary. Then ask someone from team "O" to come up and place their bean bag on the square. Then discuss that scripture and sign. Continue until tic-tac-toe is made by one of the teams, or until each of the scriptures and signs have been discussed. If one of the teams does get tic-tac-toe then, they get to open the special gift (before hand place in a bag or gift box a picture of the Savior Coming again.) Even if someone wins tic-tac-toe still discuss the rest of the scriptures. (As long as time allows)
Close by sharing your testimony of the coming of Christ. Also, invite the primary children to be watchful of the signs of Christ's coming and continue to prepare, by coming to church, reading their scriptures, saying their prayers, keeping their covenants and keeping the commandments.
Scriptures: (This article is where I got a lot of the Scriptures from, as well as this lesson.)
- Joseph Smith-Matthew 1:33 - Sun will be darkened, moon will not give light, Stars Shall fall
- Joseph Smith- Matthew 1:36-37 - Signs and Wonders in Heaven (Final Sign): sign of the Son of Man in heaven
- D&C 90:11 - The preaching of the gospel in all the world. - Before the Second Coming the Lord will provide a way for the gospel to be brought to all nations.
- D&C 110:11 - The gathering of Israel. The keys to gather Israel would be restored to the earth.
- Malachi 3:1 - The building of temples- In the last days the Lord would suddenly come to his temple. Also, is a part of the gathering of Israel.
- D&C 45:28 - Restoration of the Gospel- The fullness of the gospel would be restored (which it has through the Prophet Joseph Smith)
- Ezekiel 37:16-20 - The Coming Forth of the Book of Mormon- It speaks of the stick of Judah which is the bible and the stick of Joseph/Ephraim which is the Book of Mormon
- Malachi 4:5-6 - The coming of Elijah- Elijah would restore the sealing powers so families could be sealed together.
- Article of Faith 10: The building of New Jerusalem
These are just a few of the signs of the Second Coming of the Lord.
What else have the primary children learned this month? Here are links to this month's past sharing times:
ULTIMATE LIST OF SHARING TIME IDEAS
ULTIMATE LIST OF SHARING TIME IDEAS
Want more ideas:
- LDS Sharing Time Ideas December Week 3: Jesus Christ will return to the earth someday.
- Jesus Christ Will Come Again!
Click this link for past Sharing Time post: LDS Primary Sharing Time Ideas
***Basic ideas for this sharing time came from the 2016 Outline for Sharing