2015 Sharing Time Outline Theme: "I Know My Savior Lives"
October 2015 Sharing Time Topic: The Mission of the Church Is to Invite All to Come unto Christ
October 2015 Scripture: “Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him” (Moroni 10:32).
October Week 2 Topic: Sharing the gospel helps others come unto Christ
Free Printables: (Printing Tip: Click on image to open and then save image to your computer. You can then print the image from your computer.)
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD OF ALL OF THE GRAPHICS CLICK HERE
Prayerfully study and think about what the specific needs of your primary are and how you can teach them this doctrine.
Sharing Time Instruction:
Show the primary children a globe, map of the world, or the picture of the earth above. Ask the children what the thing is you are showing them. Ask the children, who does Heavenly Father want the gospel preached to? (Everyone) Read the following scripture: D&C 138:37 Ask the children who does Heavenly Father send around the world to teach the gospel? (Missionaries) Invite the primary children to share where their family members have served missions to. Point a few of the places out on the map. If you have any missionaries serving from your ward or branch, point out where they are serving. Explain that we are all of our Heavenly Fathers children, he loves each of us and desires that each of us hear the teachings of the gospel, so we can come unto Christ.
Hold up the week's theme poster and invite the children to repeat, "Sharing the gospel helps others come unto Christ." Explain to the primary children that they can be missionaries right now, they can also prepare now to serve full time missions when they are older. Explain that you are going to discuss some ways we can prepare, so we are ready to share the gospel when the opportunity comes. Bring some sort of travel bag, or suit case. Inside the travel bag or suit case have the following items: Scriptures, A picture of a church house, A picture of prayer, The picture of the house above with the wording Family Home Evening, A tithing slip and envelope, Service Heart, etc.
Invite a primary child to come up and choose and object out of the travel bag/suitcase. Invite the primary children to share ways that object can help prepare them to teach others the gospel and help them come unto Christ. Continue with each object. Here are examples of what could be discussed about each object...
- Scriptures: When we read the scriptures we are learning about the gospel ourselves. We are opening the door to personal revelation and drawing closer to our Savior. This will help us as we teach others about the gospel. It's easier to teach things that we already know and have learned ourselves.
- Picture of Church House: When we come to church we are able to partake of the sacrament and renew our own baptismal covenants, we are also able to feel and learn by the spirit. This can help us to be able to teach by the spirit.
- A picture of prayer: As we sincerely pray to our Heavenly Father we grow closer to him. We are able to ask him for help. We can ask him to help us to learn the gospel. We can ask him to direct us to those who are searching for the gospel and ready to hear the teachings of the gospel. We can ask him to help us to be a good example and to know the things to say as we share the gospel.
- The picture of the FHE house: As we study and learn of the gospel together as a family our families can be strengthened. We will be able to help each other be better missionaries and to keep the commandments. We will also gain more knowledge about the gospel that we can share with others.
- A Tithing Slip: When we pay our tithing we are showing obedience to our Heavenly Father. As we show obedience he will bless our lives. He will help us to serve and be good missionaries.
- Service Heart: One of the best ways to be a missionary is by love and service. When we truly love and serve others then our light shines. The people we serve, know that we are sincere. They might have more of a desire to learn more.
Give each of the primary children to small paper handout and invite them to think of ways that they can be a missionary know to their friends and family and to help them come unto Christ. Follow-up with them the following week.
Close by sharing your testimony on the topic.
What else have the primary children learned this month? Here are links to this month's past sharing times:
- LDS Sharing Time Ideas for October 2015 Week 1: Following the prophet will help us come unto Christ.
Click this link for past Sharing Time post: LDS Primary Sharing Time Ideas