August 2015 Sharing Time Topic: Jesus Christ Is the Son of God, and He Is a God of Miracles
August 2015 Scripture: “For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; … and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith” (2 Nephi 27:23).
August Week 1 Topic: Jesus Christ is a God of miracles.
Free Printables: (Printing Tip: Click on image to open and then save image to your computer. You can then print the image from your computer.)
Prayerfully study and think about what the specific needs of your primary are and how you can teach them this doctrine.
Sharing Time Instruction:
Begin by showing the primary children the poster that says, "Miracle". Invite the children to share with you what they think the word Miracle means. Thank the children for their participation. Explain that a miracle is, “A is an extraordinary event caused by the power of God... Faith is necessary in order for miracles to be manifested” (Guide to the Scriptures, 165).
Show the week theme poster and invite the children to repeat, " Jesus Christ is a God of miracles."
Before hand place pictures on the board, over the pictures place a piece of paper with a number on it. Place some pieces of paper with numbers on them underneath some of the children's chairs. Invite the children to look under their chairs to find the pieces of paper. Explain that on the board are pictures of some of the miracle of Jesus Christ. Invite one of the children to come up and find the picture that has the same number that was under their chair. Take the paper off of the picture. Ask the primary what miracle is shown in the picture. Discuss that miracle with the primary children. Continue until all pictures have been discussed.
Share your testimony of the miracles of the Savior how it showed his dominion over the earth and how by faith He helped other people.
Here is a list of the pictures of Christ's Miracles:
- Stilling the Storm, scripture reference: Luke 8:22-25 What to talk about: While Christ and His disciples were sailing on a ship there arose a storm. The disciples were afraid. The Savior arose and calmed the storm.
- Christ Healing a Blind Man, scripture reference: John 9:11 What to talk about: By faith a blind man was healed by the Savior
- Christ Walking on the Water, Scripture reference: Mark 6:45-51
- Ten Lepers, Scripture reference: Luke 17:12-19
- Feeding the Five Thousand, scripture reference: Matthew 14:15-21
- Jesus Shows His Wounds (Behold My Hands and Feet), scripture reference: RESURRECTION; the guide to the scriptures
Click this link for past Sharing Time post: LDS Primary Sharing Time Ideas