June 2015 Sharing Time Topic: The Holy Ghost Testifies of the Truth of All Things
June 2015 Scripture: “By the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things” (Moroni 10:5).
Free Printables: (Printing Tip: Click on image to open and then save image to your computer. You can then print the image from your computer.)
Prayerfully study and think about what the specific needs of your primary are and how you can teach them this doctrine.
Sharing Time Instruction:
Write the words Holy Ghost on the board. Ask the children to tell you what comes to their minds as they hear the words Holy Ghost. Thank the children for their participation.
Before class place the word strips from the printable above underneath some of the children chairs. Invite the children to look under their chairs to see if they have a paper. Invite those who have papers to come up. Invite the primary to help you put the words in order. When the primary children have all of the words in order, invite the children to repeat the phrase with you, "By the power of the Holy Ghost, we may know the truth of all things."
Ask the following question, "How does the Holy Ghost help us know the truth of all things?" Some prompting might be, "Have you ever had a time when you were reading the scriptures, saying a prayer, or singing a song and felt a peaceful feeling? A feeling that what you were doing, or reading was true and right?"
Before hand make a cube from one of the printables above (*Disclaimer: I used the pattern from the Nursery Manual Pg 31 for the bases of the cube. The images added are my own.) Invite a primary child to come up and toss the cube onto a table or floor. Whatever picture is facing up is the one you will do. Here are the list of pictures and what they mean:
- Music Note: Pick a song in the children's song book and sing it or listen to it. Invite the primary children to share if they felt a peaceful feeling as they sung the song. Point out that that feeling is the Holy Ghost testifying the truth.
- Conference podium: Read a quote from one of the General Conference talks. Invite the primary children to share what they felt as you read that quote. Here are some General Conference Quotes
- Book of Mormon: Read a scripture from The Book of Mormon. Here are some Scripture Mastery verses from the Book of Mormon.
- Mormon Message Video: here is a link to some Mormon Messages. Choose one you think is best to bring the spirit into your primary
- Image of Christ: Choose a picture and show it to the children for a minute, then invite the children to share how they feel as they look at the picture. Here is a link to pictures of the Savior.
- Share an Experience: Invite the primary children or teacher/leaders to share an experience where they have felt the Holy Ghost.
Thank everyone for their participation and close by sharing an experience you have had with the Holy Ghost and your testimony.
More Sharing Time ideas based on this topic:
- LDS Primary Sharing Time July 2014 Week 4: I can know the truth through the power of the Holy Ghost.
Click this link for past Sharing Time post: LDS Primary Sharing Time Ideas