July 2015 Sharing Time Topic: I Can Follow Jesus Christ’s Example
July 2015 Scripture: Jesus said, “Come, follow me” (Luke 18:22).
July Week 2 Topic: Jesus Christ went about doing good.
Prayerfully study and think about what the specific needs of your primary are and how you can teach them this doctrine.
Sharing Time Instruction:
Invite the primary children to recite the poster, "Jesus Christ went about doing good." Explain to the children that on the floor are footprints. On the footprints are a song number that helps us to understand the good things that Jesus did.
Invite a primary child to come up and throw a bean bag onto one of the footprints. Invite the primary children to sing the song. Invite them to share what Jesus did that was good. As well as what they can do to follow His example.
Continue with each footprint.
Share your testimony of the Savior and his example of goodness.
Here are the list of the primary songs:
- I Think When I Read That Sweet Story of Old, Children's Songbook pg 56 (Blessed the children)
- I'm Trying to Be like Jesus, Children's Songbook pg 78 (Loved others)
- Jesus Once Was a Little Child, Children's Songbook pg 55 (Pure, Meek and Mild)
- When Jesus Christ Was Baptized, Children's Songbook pg 102 (Baptized as an example)
- Did Jesus Really Live Again?, Children's Songbook pg 64 (Resurrected so we will be too.)
- To Think about Jesus, Children's Songbook pg 71 (He was crucified for us and atoned for our pains and sins.)
- He Sent His Son, Children's Songbook pg 34 (Peace, Holiness, Shows us the way, Sacrifice, Faith, Hope, and Helped others)
- If I Listen with My Heart (He taught the gospel)