Today, was one of those days when we were lucky to even get a bite to eat. Do you ever have one of those days, when you wonder how you are going to fit everything in? To my kiddos there are a few things that are non-negotiable, which means it doesn't matter the busyness of the day we still do them. They are: Family prayers, Family Scriptures, and on Mondays, Family Home Evening. So, what do you do when you are short on time???
Here are some ideas:
- Watch a video such as Mormon Messages from lds.org or the Mormon Channel. My kids love doing this, actually this is what we did tonight. We picked a video to watch on lds.org and then we discuss the video and how we can apply it in our own lives.
- Go on a short family walk and talk to each other. With all of the busyness in life sometimes we forget to talk to each other. Going on a walk is a perfect time to do this!!
- Play a short board game together. My kids are always begging me to play a game. It's a great time to discuss competition, being a good sport, etc.
- Make an easy desert together. This I need to take my own advice on. How fun would it be to make some rice crispy treat together, a great teaching moment of kitchen skills. Even better make extra and run it over to a neighbor and discuss serving others.
- Grab a to-go pizza spread a blanket and have a picnic. This is a great one if you happen to have a kiddo playing in sports, show your support as a family and cheer them on, just remember to save them a slice. While driving home discuss sportsmanship, supporting family members, and sharing talents.
Whatever it is you decide to do, make those minutes together count. I think that pretty much anything you do, you can bring a lesson into it. Build those important family relationships and memories, even on those busy days!