March 2015 Sharing Time Topic: God Speaks through Prophets
March Week 5 Topic: Easter Sharing Time (Since Easter will fall on General Conference this year)
Free Printables: (Printing Tip: Click on image to open and then save image to your computer. You can then print the image from your computer.)
Prayerfully study and think about what the specific needs of your primary are and how you can teach them this doctrine.
Sharing Time Instruction:
Here are a few different ideas that could be used for March Week 5 Sharing Time:
- Easter Family Home Evening: Focusing on Christ's Atonement, Crucifixion and Resurrection and how it applies to me.
- LDS Primary Sharing Time April 2014 Easter Sunday & Week 3: Children have the responsibility to obey their parents
- Sharing Time 2014 January Week 2- Heavenly Father provided a Savior and makes it possible for me to return to His presence.
- Family Home Evening on Jesus Christ Is Our Savior
- Family Home Evening on The Sacrament Helps Me To Renew My Baptismal Covenants (Faith in God Book Activity)
- Bring the following items: Something white, like a cloth or a cotton ball (this will be used to explain that the Savior was without sin); Picture of Mary with Jesus and a Picture of Heavenly Father with Jesus (This will be used to explain that Jesus was the only one who could suffer the atonement, be crucified and then be resurrected. This is because he has a mortal mother and an immortal Father); A picture of the sacrament, bread and water or last supper (This will be used to discuss that before his atonement he broke bread and ate with his apostles. As we partake the sacrament each Sunday we are doing it to remember the Savior's atoning sacrifice and also renewing the covenants we make at our baptism); Picture of Jesus in Gethsemane (To help discuss that Jesus suffered the pains, sorrows and sins of all the world, so much pain that an angel came down to strengthen him); Paper heart (To signify the unconditional love that the Savior has for us. He knows us, he has experienced all we will go through, he is their to lift and strengthen us); A Large Nail (To discuss that after Jesus Suffered in Gethsemane he was then mocked then nailed to a cross. The nails used were much larger than the nails shown to them. Explain that the nails were place in his hands and feet, and because they feared that the nails in his hands would tear, they also placed nails in each wrist); The Word Forgiveness (To explain that even after all that was done to him, right before he died he asked His Father to FORGIVE them. He was the perfect example of forgiveness); Picture of the tomb and a rock (To explain that after Jesus died he was placed in a tomb and a big rock was placed over the entrance); The number 3 (To explain that after three days after Jesus had died he was resurrected); A Glove (To explain that when Jesus died his Spirit and his body were separated, but when he was resurrected his body and his spirit were reunited in their perfect form, never to be separated again. That he overcame death and made it possible for us to live eternally someday). Bring each object out one at a time and discuss each object with the primary children, allowing them to share their thoughts feelings and testimonies. Close by sharing your testimony of the atonement and resurrection of Christ.
Click this link for past Sharing Time post: LDS Primary Sharing Time Ideas
***Basic ideas for this sharing time came from the 2015 Outline for Sharing Time, you can find a link here: 2015 Outline for Sharing Time