February 2015 Sharing Time Topic: Jesus Christ Is My Savior and Redeemer
February Week 4 Topic: Jesus Christ was resurrected, and I will be too.
Free Printables: (Printing Tip: Click on image to open and then save image to your computer. You can then print the image from your computer.)
Downloadable File for: February 2015 Sharing time ideas Week 4
Prayerfully study and think about what the specific needs of your primary are and how you can teach them this doctrine.
Sharing Time Instruction:
Place the week's theme poster on the board and invite the primary children to repeat it with you. Then explain you are going to pay a game of Resurrection Trivia. Before hand have the cards placed on the board, face down. Write numbers 1-10 on the back of the cards. Also have the following pictures with numbers 1-3 on them: Crucifixion, Christ's Burial, Resurrected Christ. Invite the youngest class to send a class representative up. have them come up and pick a card. Read the question that is on the card. The first class to have every class member stand up and answer correctly will get to choose the next question. Continue until all cards have been answered or time runs out.
End by singing, "Did Jesus Really Live Again?" page 64 in the Children's Songbook. Conclude by sharing your testimony about the resurrection.
List of Trivia Questions with Answers:
- Explain what is happening in Picture #1: (Answer: Jesus Christ is being crucified. He was nailed to the cross and hung between two thieves. He was mocked. His final words before he died was, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.."(Luke 23:46). He died. the Roman soldiers pierced his side.)
- Explain what is happening in Picture #2: (Answer: Jesus had died and now needed to be placed in a tomb. A rich man of Arimathæa, named Joseph, asked Pilate for Jesus' body. He wrapped Jesus in linen and place him in his own tomb. A large stone was rolled to cove the entrance of the tomb and guards were sent to watch the tomb.) see Mathew 27
- Explain what is happening in Picture #3: (Answer: Three days after His crucifixion Jesus Christ was resurrected. He had risen and now has a body of flesh and bones. He visited his apostles and let them fill the nail prints in his hands and the wound in his side.)
- Where was Jesus Crucified? (Answer: A place called Golgotha. On Calvary’s hill.)
- Where did they lay Jesus' body? (Answer: In a tomb)
- How many days was it until Jesus was resurrected? (Answer: Three)
- How many nail prints did Jesus have and where were they? (Answer: Six. A nail print in each hand, a nail print in each wrist, a nail print in each foot.)
- What does it mean to be resurrected? (Answer: Your spirit and you body reunite. )
- Who was the first person on the earth to be resurrected? (Answer: Jesus Christ)
- Finish this scripture: "...all things shall be restored to their proper and _________ frame." Alma 40:23 (Answer: Perfect)
Click this link for past Sharing Time post: LDS Primary Sharing Time Ideas
***Basic ideas for this sharing time came from the 2015 Outline for Sharing Time, you can find a link here: 2015 Outline for Sharing Time
Other Sharing Time Ideas for this week:
I really liked this sharing time also, here is the link: Sharing Time March 2014 Week 3: Jesus Christ was resurrected, and I will be too.