Here are some pictures:
They were pretty easy to make! It is all out of thick scrapbook paper. On the inside cut the paper smaller than the outside. Each inside layer you decrease by an inch in height. Ink around all of the edges. Layer on top of each other sealing the outer edges and bottom edges with double stick tape. Leave the tops open, so you can stick some cash or a gift certificate to their favorite place. On the outside layer you also ink the edges and round the corners, I used a rounded corner punch. To add a little bit more embellishment you can use a push pin and make pin holes around all of the outer edges, then use a fine tip pen and make little lines connecting the pin dots, giving it a stitched look. I also cut a contrasting little square and stamped it. I gave these cards for birthdays, thus the birthday stamp. But you could stamp it with something else, like initials, a fish, a baseball, etc.
Update: This paper wallet can be made with just one sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 card stock. Here are the dimensions:
- Turn the paper so it is length wise and cut at 9 inches. Reserve the 2 inch piece for later.
- Fold the paper in half so each side measures 4 1/2 inches. Unfold.
- Cut the paper so it measures 9 inches by 3 1/2 inches.
- Now cut the next pieces from the remainder of the paper. There will be one piece that will measure 9 by 3 inches
- The next will measure 9 by 2 inches.
- The last piece will be cut from the piece reserved at the beginning and it's size will be 8 1/2 by 1 1/2. Fold this piece of paper in half.
- The two pieces that measure 9 inches by 3 inches and 9 inches by 2 inches will need to be met up with the piece that measure 8 1/2 by 1 1/2 inches. You will them cut the excess one each side of the first two papers, so they are the same length as the smallest. The new measurements will be. 8 1/2 by 3 inches, 8 1/2 by 2 inches and 8 1/2 by 1 1/2 inches. Place glue or double sided sticky tape on the outer edges of each piece and layer together.